Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC) has transferred the longevity risk of £900m (€1bn) of pension liabilities to the Prudential Insurance Company of America in the latest of a series of reinsurance deals between the two firms.The move, which covers approximately 7,500 pensioners across two pension plans, is the latest reinsurance deal to capitalise on the underlying buoyancy of the de-risking market.“We believe the reinsurance market will continue to be competitive in support of the significant de-risking activity expected over 2018,” said Jay Shah, chief origination officer at PIC.One estimate from Hymans Robertson, the consultancy firm, suggested that the underlying bulk annuity market could see approximately £700bn of DB scheme assets and liabilities transferred to insurance companies by 2032, equivalent to £50bn a year. Amy Kessler, head of longevity risk transfer at Prudential, said: “Over the last several years, Prudential’s longevity reinsurance innovations have proven time and again to help companies achieve certainty in their liabilities.”The transaction represents the first large-scale longevity reinsurance deal by Prudential this year.Prudential has assumed a total of $6bn (€5bn) through reinsurance deals with PIC since 2015. Most recently, the UK-based specialist insurer offloaded longevity risk in a deal worth $1.2bn in November 2017.Earlier this year as an extension of the two companies’ partnership PIC and Prudential launched a partially automated de-risking service for pension funds of less than £200m in size, which typically find it expensive to secure buy-ins and buyouts.In the past year Prudential has also backed longevity swap deals with insurer Scottish Widows and the UK pension fund of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Ireland fly-half Sexton pounced after just six minutes, while full-back Halfpenny slotted the conversion and three penalties to keep the Waratahs at bay before grabbing his own try on the stroke of half-time. The home side, despite being without several players at the Australia training camp ahead of next weekend’s first Test in Brisbane, conjured a breakaway try for centre Tom Carter, with scrum-half Brendan McKibbin converting and booting a penalty. Jonathan Sexton and Leigh Halfpenny scored tries as the unbeaten British and Irish Lions took a 23-10 half-time lead against NSW Warathas during an exciting opening 40 minutes at Allianz Stadium. Press Association The Lions made a blistering start, moving 10-0 ahead after just six minutes – and it could have been even more. Wing Simon Zebo thought he had scored with his first touch of the ball in a Lions shirt after 40 seconds, but Waratahs full-back Drew Mitchell completed a superb try-saving tackle. Halfpenny, though, kicked a 50-metre penalty three minutes later, before superb approach work from the Wales full-back, Zebo and centre Jonathan Davies created an opening for Sexton that he finished emphatically. Halfpenny landed the touchline conversion, leaving the Waratahs with an early mountain to climb as they faced a Lions side that had moved up a gear in terms of intensity. Sexton then took a huge tackle from Waratahs lock Will Skelton, and as he was receiving treatment the Lions conceded a soft try, with Carter being freed in space and capitalising on some weak defensive work. McKibbin added the extras from wide out before another successful Halfpenny penalty ended a fast and furious opening quarter with the Lions 13-7 in front. The game was of a similar pace to last Saturday’s clash against Queensland Reds, but the Lions looked more composed under pressure than seven days ago, and another Halfpenny penalty extended their advantage to nine points. McKibbin then found his range from 45 metres, though, before Halfpenny converted his own try and the Lions trooped off well ahead.
Three boys from Bedfordshire’s Vandyke Upper School have won the English Schools’ Team Golf Championship at Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire.Brandon Waddington, Edward Stephenson, Andres Valentine (pictured left to right) claimed the national title with their team score of 76 stableford points – three better than their closest challengers.The boys, all aged 15 and members of Leighton Buzzard Golf Club, had to master very difficult conditions on the Bracken course, which was hard and bouncy after the long dry spell.The runners-up were Gravesend Grammar School, Kent, represented by Jack Dalley and Oliver Lewis-Perkins of Mid-Kent Golf Club, with Lucas Dennison of Rochester & Cobham Park Golf Club.Thomas Telford School, Shropshire, took third place with 72 points, on countback from two Lancashire schools: Lancaster Royal Grammar School and Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School in Blackburn. Thomas Telford – last year’s runners up – was again represented by Nathan Bond of Horsehay Village Golf Club. This year he teamed up with fellow club member Joe Hedges and Jack Edwards of Shifnal Golf Club.The winner of the Tom Ward Cup for the best individual score was Jessica Murphy from The Purbeck School in Dorset. The 13-year-old from Bulbury Woods Golf Club scored 40 points, two better than Stephenson and Valentine.For full scores click here Tags: English Schools’, Woodhall Spa 18 Jul 2018 Bedfordshire school wins national team title
By Jay Cook |RED BANK – It’s been 26 years since the borough commissioned a survey of the parking situation in town.Plenty has changed in town since then but the stubborn shortage of downtown parking spaces still persists.On May 30, the Borough Council announced it was revisiting the issue, commissioning a fresh study and hiring Walker Consultants of New York City to conduct it. The 18-week study of the borough’s commercial district parking inventory will cost $52,350. Jim Scavone, Red Bank RiverCenter’s executive director, said its board of trustees agreed to pay $25,000, and the borough will pay the remainder.Red Bank wants a plan on how to reduce the parking problem, if not to solve it, said Democratic Councilman Erik Yngstrom, who chairs the borough’s parking committee. “Solving it is going to be very difficult but we want a plan to move forward and implement,” he said.“We recognize that solving the parking problem in Red Bank ultimately is most beneficial to the downtown business district,” Scavone said. “Therefore, we very much recognize our responsibility in taking the steps we need to take.”The four-to-five-month study will primarily cover Red Bank’s Special Improvement District (SID), which RiverCenter operates through a tax on business owners. It will stretch from Red Bank’s NJ Transit train station to Riverview Medical Center, located along East Front Street. It will also incorporate roadways that feed motorists into the downtown – Wallace Street, Mechanic Street, Washington Street, Waverly Place – and other areas surrounding the Molly Pitcher Inn and the Galleria commercial building.And the man they hired is no stranger to Red Bank.Brian J. Bartholomew, a senior parking consultant for Walker Consultants, said he lives in East Brunswick and has frequented Red Bank’s downtown for years. He even met with former borough administrator Stanley Sickels in 1998 to discuss parking.“I’ve experienced some of the same pressures that everyone in the general public feels when they try to park in Red Bank,” Bartholomew told The Two River Times.Bartholomew said over the next few weeks residents will see his staff graphing Red Bank’s existing public and private parking lots with geographic information system (GIS) devices. When the maps are finalized, they’ll conduct “occupancy surveys” at different times of the day and week to see where the deficient areas, or “hot zones,” are located, he said.He’ll then compile a report for the borough as well as a list of recommendations and solutions it can implement. Looking at private-public parking lot partnerships, parking policy, valet parking, angled parking and bicycle accommodations are all on the table.Though the same can’t be said for a brand-new parking garage.“There’s not one single answer but we are looking to take advantage of what assets we have right now before we look at developing a new parking inventory, whether it be a surface lot or a structured facility,” Bartholomew said.Not everyone on the borough council supports the parking study. Republican Councilman Mark Taylor cast the single “nay” vote Wednesday evening. He told The Two River Times afterward the study doesn’t take in the whole picture.“To spend taxpayer money on a ‘comprehensive study’ only on the downtown is not addressing the rest of the town,” said Taylor. “What about the rest of Red Bank? What about the West Side? We make all these improvements on Shrewsbury Avenue, Bridge Avenue, the transit village area, but that’s not being addressed.”Red Bank’s parking discussion was revived last year when the borough council began accepting proposals for a parking garage at the municipal-owned White Street lot. The issue quickly turned partisan – Republicans were pro-garage while the Democrats feared a multi-level garage would be “Jersey City-style” development, according to a statement at the time.Mayor Pasquale Menna, a Democrat, has long said he would support a parking facility project as long as “it made sense,” stressing it should be done through a public-private development, as opposed to having borough taxpayers shoulder the financial burden. The business community, including RiverCenter, has traditionally voiced its preference for a municipal built and operated garage in the downtown, as long as it had at least 500 new spaces to address the chronic downtown parking shortfall.Taylor believes the parking study is unnecessary because a parking deficiency “is obvious at its face.”“I think we should be building instead of waiting another year to get data,” he added. “Go open your eyes, go walk downtown.”But some, like RiverCenter, say any data is good data and will help plan for the future.“Ultimately, we believe that we have a serious shortage of inventory,” said Scavone. “We are very anxious to see the results and specifically about the inventory.”This article was first published in the June 7-June 14, 2018 print edition of The Two River Times.
Cheyenne, Wyoming >> In an event that is timed in hundredths of a second, beating nearly 200 other competitors by a tenth of a second is huge.That happened in the first round of barrel racing at Cheyenne Frontier Days on Tuesday where all of the barrel racers had an opportunity to advance to the second round of competition. Sydni Blanchard from Albuquerque, N.M., had the fastest time of the day at 17.46 seconds. That earned the former college champion and Wrangler National Finals Rodeo …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest We are still getting a lot of questions about Fertilizer Certification from farmers.Yes, this new regulation applies to you. You, being almost every farmer in Ohio. You have until Sept. 30, 2017 to become certified to apply fertilizer. And you all tell me you won’t go to meetings after about March 15—so this means get this done now.While there are exceptions, most of these exceptions would only apply to a very small farmer such as one who has 50 acres or less.This site gives more details on the legal issues: http://aglaw.osu.edu/blog-tags/agricultural-nutrient-management.And “fertilizer” means anything with an N-P-K analysis — meaning yes this includes nitrogen if your retailer applies everything else and you only apply sidedress N.And if you take manure from a concentrated animal feeding facility — a great opportunity by the way — then yes you too need to be certified to apply that manure.Record keeping requirements start when you receive you yellow Fertilizer Applicator Certificate. Within 24 hours of any nutrient application, record: Name of fertilizer certificate holder Name of applicator working under direct supervision of certificate holder (if any) Date of application Location (field ID, farm) Fertilizer analysis (such as 11-52-0) Rate of fertilizer application (lbs/A) and total amount applied Fertilizer application method (surface-applied, incorporated, etc) Soil conditions For surface applications only: is ground frozen or snow covered? Temperature and precipitation during application Weather forecast for day following application.And keep those records of your nutrient application for three years. And one very good place to get and print off weather records and a forecast is http://weather.gov. To find a program for this month – check at http://nutrienteducation.osu.edu. At this same website you may also get more information on the education program Ohio State University delivers and some clarification on the regulations from the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
What will Assam do with the 3.9 lakh people who had opted out or not applied for inclusion in the National Register of Citizens (NRC)?They don’t seem to be in the current scheme of things, at least while the exercise is on to publish the final list of citizens by August 31, a date fixed by the Supreme Court.The draft NRC published on July 30, 2018, had excluded 4,007,707 people out of a total of 32,991,284 applicants. Another 102,462 were filtered out of those who made it to the draft NRC, and put in a list of rejected persons on June 26.Officials handling the NRC exercise said 3,612,019 out of the 40.07 lakh in the first exclusion list had reapplied. There is no data on how many of the rejected persons in the second list have reapplied. The State government indicated a plan would be worked out for the non-applicants once the NRC dust settles. “The State Coordinator for NRC is yet to share the details [about those who did not apply],” said Ashutosh Agnihotri, Assam’s Home Commissioner and Secretary. Studies have revealed that majority of poor tribal people do not possess or have not preserved legacy data — sets of documents that include the 1951 NRC and electoral rolls up to the midnight of March 24, 1971 — to prove their citizenship, despite being descendants of the indigenous peoples of Assam.
Nepal’s Rohit Paudel broke Shahid Afridi’s record to become the youngest half-centurion in one-day internationals. Paudel, aged 16 years and 146 days, scored 55 in the second ODI of Nepal’s tour of the United Arab Emirates.Paudel, who batted at No.7, scored 55 off 58 balls and his innings was studded with 7 boundaries. Thanks to the 16-year-old’s exploits, Nepal finished with 242 for 9 off their 50 overs before UAE collapsed to 29 for 4 in their chase.Overall in international cricket, the record was held by Sachin Tendulkar, who scored 59 in a Test against Pakistan at 16 years and 213 days.Paudel had come close to setting a world record when he made his ODI debut aged 15 years and 335 days back in August 2018. He became the fourth-youngest male cricketer to make his ODI debutPaudel first attracted attention when he smashed Indian speedster Kamlesh Nagarkoti for 24 runs off five balls in the Under-19 World Cup three years ago.Pakistan legend Shahid Afridi was 16 years and 217 days when he scored 102 against Sri Lanka in Nairobi back in 1996. (SCORECARD)Rohit Paudel was born in Nepal’s Nawalparasi on September 2, 2002.At the age of just 16 years and 146 days, Nepal’s Rohit Paudel today became the youngest man to hit an international half-century, beating the likes of @sachin_rt and @SAfridiOfficial! ???? ???? https://t.co/lRo5UTfuFd pic.twitter.com/qsqZQDYX5yICC (@ICC) January 26, 2019In two ODIs before Saturday, Paudel had scored 15 runs with a best of 9. In fact, he did not even have a half-century in any List A match – his previous best was an unbeaten 48.advertisementPaudel had made his debut in August 2018 against Nethelands at Amstelveen.Nepal attained ODI status in May 2018 when they beat Papua New Guinea by six wickets in the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier play-off in Harare.This is a great moment for Nepal cricket.Paudel has joined another young sensation from Afghanistan in creating ODI history. In 2018, leg-spinner Rashid Khan became the youngest man to become world No.1 in the ICC’s rankings for ODI bowlers.Rashid is a megastar today and is a huge success in different T20 leagues around the world.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say UNCOVERED: Real Madrid signing Brahim Diaz was Messi and Barcelona mad!by Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid signing Brahim Diaz grew up a Barcelona fan and idolising Leo Messi!Diaz left Manchester City to sign for Real this week.And a video has emerged which shows that Diaz hasn’t been a Los Blancos supporter all his life. Brahim, in an interview he gave at the age of 12, admitted that his favourite team was FC Barcelona and that his footballing idol was Messi.DOCUMENTO #JUGONES Cuándo tenía 12 años, Brahim era del Barça y su ÍDOLO era Messi! SE HARÁ VIRAL! Lo estamos viendo en @laSextaTV. pic.twitter.com/IAyTHQcYDs— El Chiringuito TV (@elchiringuitotv) January 8, 2019
Blackmore calls for Man Utd to bring back Ibrahimovicby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Manchester United midfielder and coach Clayton Blackmore says they should re-sign LA Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic.Ibrahimovic is thriving in the MLS having scored 49 goals in 50 starts for LA Galaxy.“I definitely think we should ask Zlatan to come back, we need a target man – he’s the best target in the world,” Blackmore is quoted by the Daily Express.“6ft 5in black belt, he’s proved in the MLS he can still do it.“I thought we let him go because his knee was dodgy – we’ve now given Zlatan and [Wayne] Rooney [away] for nothing.”We won [the] Europa League, League Cup and Community Shield when he played for us.“Thirteen years ago, the Barcelona goalie out-run Zlatan – he doesn’t run much yet he scores goals [at] every club he plays for.“We need a target man so all our kids with pace can play off him [in a] 4-4-2 [system], and close [them] down quicker.”Here ends the lesson, it’s a no-brainer.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say